Friday, August 28, 2009

Meg's Leaf



A close friend of mine from college, Meg, recently moved from the mountains of British Columbia to a suburb of Vancouver. They've been fixing up and revovating the home they bought and she's been looking for unique artwork for her dining room. She was looking for something with a nature theme but I know she has always had a knack for the contemporary. She sent me pictures of the room and other selections she has made in the house so I could get an idea for color and the direction of style they are taking throughout the home.
When a vision finally came to me and I described it as a leaf "like something a hobbit would drink tea or water from" I knew she was probably a bit nervous. But the final result is not that creepy... it's whimsical but not wierd... at least I don't think so.
I haven't shipped it yet. but I e-mailed her a picture and it sounds like she's rather excited!
This is something I want to be doing a lot more of. If you're stumped on a gift idea for someone or need to fill a niche in your home with some thing unique... keep me in mind! Everything I do is custom :)
Visit KustomKate.com

No comments: