Friday, January 20, 2012

Singing Baby

Being home with a baby all day every day I do things a bit differently than I used to... when I was home alone a lot self-employed. Mainly I am refering to the noise I make... Pre-baby, I would often talk to my "studio audience" about what I was doing... or what I was about to do... that, or I would have music Jammin... and I'd be singin along.
Now-a-days I find that I still do lots and lots of singing.. somehow finding ways to make singing about every little thing I do in 2-parts always ending in words that rhyme with eachother... I guess that's just what you do with babies. You sing. I think it's soothing to both mom and baby, I don't know.
Anyways, I am pretty convinced that Little Oliver has caught on to this form of communication. And I gotta document it cause it's pretty stinkin cute... and hilarious too.
When we were home in Chicagoland over Christmas, my sister gave me a few cd's on which she had burned her favorite kids songs. Earlier this week, I finally had time to rip them and get them on my MP3 player. We've been listening to children's music most of the week, and Oliver loves it.
So, today, I was holding him up by my shoulder and dancing around the family room, singing along to the children's songs... Just something to do. Heck I used to sing and dance around eveyday by myself... now I got a buddy! And he started in with his cute scratchy voice... "ooooooaaaahhh waaaaaaoooooo ooooowaaaa" (and so on) I thought... He's so cute, I love the way he sounds when he tries to make sounds.... Then I noticed that during instrumental, or if I wasn't singing he'd stop. I thought, "could he possibly be SINGING???" ..."no way!" Then the song ended. Oliver stopped too... "is it coincidence?" The next song started up, the singing started, so did mommy and so did Oliver... it was the cutest thing ever... we sang a couple more songs... before nap... we were livin in the moment... loved it!
Mike cam home from work, and after dinner I was in the bedroom putting away laundry. I heard him singing Fifteen Animals, to Ollie... we've been singing that book to him since he was a week old. And I heard Oliver chime in and start singing. I came out to tell Mike "He's singing, he loves to sing" He tested the waters a bit... and sure enough Oliver stopped when Mike stopped and sang when he sang.

Visit KustomKate.com

No comments: