Thursday, October 29, 2009

Retreat '09

Last weekend was our annual art retreat. This group of women have been going up to work on oil paintings in Wisconsin for a weekend in fall for over 30 years. The salvation army camp for the past 24?? I think...
Anyways, not only do I enjoy these women and an opportunity to set time aside to paint but I also look forward to spending a little QT with my mom. Especially now living out of state it's important that we both set time aside and make efforts to hang out.

Here is a picture of my finished painting. I found the photo in the Oklahoma Living magazine a while back and loved the colors. It's a very 'mystical' scene. I don't know why but painting rocks is one of the hardest things... I think they turned out okay though ;)
It has worked out really well the last 2 years... Mike's folks live about 1/2 hour away from the camp so he flew in to see them, picked me up for a visit and then we had a 12 hr road trip back. Kinda long but not bad... we had plenty of laughs and chats.

No comments: