Friday, March 2, 2012

perseverance

This post is really for me, but you are welcome to read it.

We are still battling this skin problem/illness/allergy/yeast/bacterial infection with Oliver, my 4 1/2 month old son. It's now been going on for half of his life. The last bout, I felt helpless and hopeless. I spent time in prayer and the Lord assured me that he is my strength. I clung to that and he slowly started to improve. THat was a couple weeks ago. Another outbreak started yesterday and I don't even have the strength to reach out for the Lord's strength.
I am a week hopeless mess. I'm in temendous emotional anguish over my baby's health. We begged and prayed for him for years, and the joy of motherhood had been robbed from me. I have been a sobbing mess for the last 24 hours. We went back to Dr Olsen last night and he called in a script for a bacterial infection. THe skin all over his head is open and raw and he is secreeting profusely again. I feel like hei is NEVER going to heal.
I turn to scripture [feeling forsaken] searching for any glimmer of hope to cling to. The Lord told me to read on in the reading plan that I have been doing. It lead me to the book if James which begins and ends in speaking of perseverence. James 1:1 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete. James 5:11 As you know we consider blessed those who have persevered.
Lord, I pray that it is no mistake that you lead me to this portion of your word during this time. Not because I want to be tested, quite frankly I didn't ask to persevere anything. I would give anything for you to take this illness from my baby. But I thank you for seeing me worthy of perseverance and most of all I have hope that when there is something to persevere, there is also a promise of resolution.
I pray that your resolution is a complete healing for Oliver. I pray it come soon, and you continue to strenghten us until that time

Visit KustomKate.com

No comments: