Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Tiny" Mistake

I have invested time, resources, and lots of energy into doing this big marketing push to Tulsa Builders. About 1 1/2 -2 weeks ago I found a great resource online with a list of about 250 builders. I wrote a nice letter with links and indiividually E-Mailed each one so I could attach pics and address it to each individual's name. That probably took me about 16 hours... well a few days anyway. I designed and ordered some new brochures last week, they came yesterday... they really gear toward model and spec homes.
My plan was to get a mailer out to each contact within a week so they would hopefully have the whole name recognition thing going. I wrote up another letter today and went to office depot to get them printed out. I came home and have been addressing envelopes for 4 hours. Got 'em all done with a cramp in my hand. So I started to sign and Tri-fold each letter because mike said after he finishes his homework he'd help me stuff each envelope with a brochure, a card, and a letter... then apply a stamp and "Kustom Kate" address label to each.
I signed and folded about 10 or 12 before realizing that the phone # in my signature at the bottom is 630 370 1788. Grrr.. any of my readers that know me know that is my OLD phone #! What a waste! Well.. there goes another $25 bucks... well that's nominal compared to all the real expenses going into this mailer. (The sad thing is the stamp for each envelope costs a couple cents more than the tri-fold full color 6-photo brochure they each get [thanks to vistaprint.com]) One more trip to the store... looks like I'll be stuffing away all by my lonesome tomorrow.


Visit KustomKate.com

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

Katie..I am so sorry you have to spend more time and money now! It might be easier if you just move back here :)hint hint

Mike Stenglein said...

Ha....all by your lonesome...some great guy gave his Wed. night to acquire paper cuts. :-P

Katie said...

Thank you! If you have paper cuts, pour rubbing alcohol on hour hands. It's very soothing! ;)