Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year, New Attitude

I am very excited to see what 2009 brings. Right now I am thinking particularly for Kustom Kate! I truely believe I have a fresh new and clean looking perspective on Decorative Paint! Hopefully I will have an opportunity to share that with some new clients here in the Tulsa Area.
Although the "Old World" and "Distressed" looks are still hanging on (barely in my opinion... but I have my own preferences), I look forward to communicating that there are still ways to incorporate decorative painting techniques keeping a traditional style and clean lines. Which is where I believe the trends are going!
I have laid some ground work in the past 6 months, and I have to remind myself that it takes time to not only introduce myself to a new market, but that I am also ultimately trying to inrtoduce a progressive style to a slower-to-change market.

Anyways... the last couple months have been challenging... but I now find myself full of anticipation to see what God has in store for me professionally and personally for 2009!

I have a creative bug today that is making my skin itch! Don't worry Mike, I have to finish the Kitchen Cabinets before II start something new :)

Here is a picture of one of my favorite 2008 projects:
Paisley Bathroom (I also applied a Chocolate Brown Metallic Plaster to the Ceiling)




Visit KustomKate.com

No comments: