Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Today's Project


A customer asked me to help her find a "chunkier" mantel than the 2x12 she had sitting on a couple brackets... I said I would then got to thinking... just add another 2x12 fill the crack and paint it black. So I offered to do that here I go again opening my big mouth...
Anyway I got up this morning and thought it would be so much easier to build and paint one at home and then bring it to her considering it took me 2 hrs to get home yesterday.
So I did the 2- 2x12's... then thought it needed more, so I cased it out, filled the cracks, put a venetian plaster finish... then a black stain rub.. it either looks like leather or tortoise shell... either way I hope she likes it.
If my experiment with trying to charge the camera with the PC works, I'll try and get a better pic tomorrow.
Now time for pajamas, a little bit of waffle cone explosion ice cream and some tube.
Visit KustomKate.com

No comments: