Friday, November 16, 2007

God's plan, Where do we come in?

I find it very interesting the people God has placed in my life. I realized about 2 years ago as my relationship with God was really beginning to strengthen that almost none of my friends and many of my family members were followers of Christ. There are different stroies associated with each of them, however most had been introduced to the church at some point during child hood. (Introduced, but not led to understand)
I know that God has a plan for each of us and will reveal himself to those of us he fore knew. However I struggle with 2 different philosophies. One being that as Paul said in Galatians 1:15-16 " But when God who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles" What a great priveledge that God has given some responsibility to me for the ones I love? How could I ever turn my back on them for something they don't understand...
But on the flip side, I found this verse last week that has troubled me, I highlighted it and put a big question mark by it... John 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts, so they can never see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn and I would heal them."
Exactly where is the line between lack of understanding and a hardened heart? It lights a fire under me to share with my loved ones what knowledge and understanding I have (little as it may be)..... is it ever too late... it is not for us to determine.
Just something that has been on my mind

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I don't think it is ever too late. I think God opens hearts, opens eyes, and can open minds to his Word.

Your willingness to spread the Word is all He needs.

Katie said...

very true, those who come may come at 12 yrs old or 85 yrs old. Neither is more or less valuable in God's eyes! How encouraging!

Bethany Patrice said...

Great question, and one that I've had myself as well. I think the "hearts that God hardens" are the ones that know better yet refuse to follow. I agree with Sam, it is never too late. This post has helped me to recognize the need for my ferverency to be renewed for friends and family to know Christ.

Katie said...

Thanks Bethany, I think it's a matter of finding the right words for each personality... how challenging!