Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2Kings...

Lately I have been reading in 2 Kings.... I am tring (once again) to do the whole front to cover thing... I always seem to get distracted and start jumping around... I have to admit 2 Kings has been a bit tough to follow... or to feel specifically inspired by regularly. Here is my interpretation so far...
so and so (insert name) became king...
he did evil in the eyes of the Lord....
(Mainly raising up alters to false Gods and leading people astray which I know is not at all to be taken lightly)
in most cases he gets killed after yada yada years and is laid to rest with his fathers...
the people then make his son (any age) to become king...
then he does Evil in the eyes of the lord and the cycle repeats again and again...

Up until this morning... I just couldn't help but thinking... "Do I need to go to bible school to understand the point of this book...?" I'm sure I do... but I finally was able to pull something out that I could take with me and share...
(Thanks to NIV Life Application notes)

Then... Hezekiah comes along and wants to follow Lord and remain Faithful... and God promises him through the prophet Isaih 19:31 "For out of Jerusalem will come a remnant, and out of Mount Zion a band of survivors"
NIV Translation/Note
"As long as a tiny spark remains, a fire can be rekindled and fanned into a roaring blaze. Similarly if just the smallest remnant of true believers retains the spark of faith, God can rebuild it into a strong nation. And if only a glimmer of faith remains in a heart, God can use it to restore blazing faith in that believer. If you feel that only a spark of faith remains in you, ask God to use it to rekindle a blazing fire of commitment to him."

What it said to me:
There is hope for every heart, there is hope for every nation, there is hope that God will resore every community, every family, every soul.

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

I needed to hear this today Katie.

P.S. I have a degree in Biblical Studies and I still need my Life Application study Bible to fully understand most of it :)

Mike Stenglein said...

Totally what I needed to hear.
Sometimes I fear that my spiritual gas tank is going to run empty before I finish my tasks.
I should learn not to worry.
Mike

Erik Scottberg said...

great thoughts. thanks for sharing.