Monday, March 31, 2008

Texas

A couple of days with some girlfriends was just what the doctor ordered! I am so thankful to my long time friends Katie and Sheri for talking me into going... and it was not easy, I really dragged my feet!
Katie and I arrived in Austin and were greeted inside the airport by Sheri and her little guy Shawn. We stepped outside to go to the car and had to remove our cardigans and long sleve t-shirts. It felt really good! As we drove to Kileen (Sheri's current town of residence) we saw lots of things blooming and Long horn cows grazing. I couldn't help but wish that Mike was there to feel the sunshine too.... But it was girl-time!
During the next 3 days, we had fun eating and shopping (Shawn was an angel, he hardly complained at all... if any) ... trying on a lot more than buying, but it was really fun! We stayed up 'til 2:30am on day 2 making over Sheri's kitchen... that was also the day they talked me into a new "do".
Sheri took us onto Fort Hood... I had never been on a Military base... it was huge!!! The PX store was like 3 super wal-marts in one... then past the town we drove like 10-15 mins to a huge lake that had lots of parks, cabins you could rent and campgrounds... lots more. I couldn't believe the size it was like a small state.
All in all a great time.

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

tell your friends that they made a great choice for your hair. You look awesome, and now I want bangs!