Monday, May 5, 2008

Our Weekend...

It was a great weekend! After my 2+ hour drive (Which I enjoyed... I decided to spend the time going around the Chicago suburbs instead of through them it would've taken the same time either way) home from working in West Dundee on friday, Mike and I went out for pizza... a delicious way to catch up on our day/week.
Saturday, I really enjoyed the session with Earl Creps, a very forward thinking man! I pray that our church family will embrace change and open our hearts immeasurably to the world around us!
Since it was cold and rainy, we decided it would be a movie night... so we went to Jo-Ann's so I could get the right size knitting needles for my new project and Best Buy to "even out" our shopping adventure by looking around... nothing there is even close to the $5 knitting needle price range. Sorry Mike... someday...
We went to Harrisons for a sandwich... always a hit... then to Block Buster...
We rented "no Country for old men" I had no idea what we were getting into... I just thought I heard someone say ti was a good movie... Yikes... now I wish I knew where I heard that.
Other than them doing a great job capturing the year 1980 in Texas... it was a slow, anti-climactical, film. Why did the bad guy psycho get to live and why did the main character have to die an hour before it was over? Maybe I missed something?
Anyway after service on sunday We FINALLY pulled out the 4 stumps under the living room window... we tried last spring and got beaten down by a stubborn tap root last spring were blessed... the other 3 were a piece of cake! Now we just have to do some landscape.
The rest of the afternoon, I continued yard work while Mike tutored one of our buddies from Crew. Then we had Subs and went to group.
In my mind a great weekend... we had quality time with eachother and God. We got some projects done, but had some time to relax. And the weather was cooperative!

3 comments:

Mike Stenglein said...

I had a really great time this weekend too. Kinda a breather.
Hopefully have more to come!

Bethany Patrice said...

1)I love your new page

2)Erik and I saw that same movie, and I actually went to bed before it ended. I couldn't take the creepy villian. I had nightmares about him for days.

3)I love the "even" shopping trip.

4)Isn't it amazing how the most mundane activities can be enjoyable when you're with the one you love?

dflattery said...

I bet it was Aldo who recommended the movie. Remember he did recommend "I AM Legend".