Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spring Cleaning...

Yesterday I finally had a chance to dive into several of the areas around the house that have been driving me nuts! ... and it felt great!
I had big plans for the day... first thing when I got up in the morning I added a coat of patch to the ceiling at the top of the stairs. Then I got dressed and ran a couple errands before I could dive into the rest!
When I got back I dove in potting flowers, weeding gardens, clearing book shelves filled with junk, cleaning out closets, eliminating boxes and piles in the garage... then a trip to good will and a shelter to make donations... and a trip to the bank to cash in all the change I found!
Days like that are great... I think after hibernating all winter I just get tired of watching everything pile up and the nice weather is very motivating... not to mention FINALLY having a day to dig in...

So... I have 2 questions about spring cleaning...

1. How is it that some days you can motor and get [what feels like] the work of 4 people done and on other days you just run around and have nothing to show for your time?

2. How do we accumulate so much stuff? What's a good tip for simplification?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found making a move helps to clear out a lot of clutter! They say that if you haven't wore a piece of clothing or used something in over 1 year you should seriously think about getting rid of it.

Mike Stenglein said...

I like the new template!
Looks fresh!
Kinda familiar though...green with floral outlines...can't quite put a finger on it. hehe

Katie said...

be nice it's hip