Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Tooth Fairy is Mad at Me!

Yesterday I finally got up the nerve to call the dentist about a tooth that has been bothering me for MONTHS! Why I put it off? Becasue I was scared ... it was a tooth he already filled so I knew there was going to be more to it.
Well, Luck me thay had an appointment available today >( Well I took it... got my teeth cleaned, no new cavities... (I'm a good flosser)
Bad news is they said that my sensitive tooth is likely going to need more work... a Root Canal... GRRR! That is very scary to me!!
Here's the reason why... hopefully if anyone is reading they will take a tip. Because I brush too hard with not soft enough bristles I have worn away my enamel and gum to expose the nerve. I wish I knew this would happen, when I was younger I think I was told that meduim to hard bristles were good for strengthing the gums... now they say use the softest bristles you can find combined with flossing. Infact she said you would be better using a wash cloth and floss rather than too stiff of bristles.
So... do yourself a favor and throw away any non-soft tooth brushes! In the mean time, my mom has an herbal remedy that may help to grow my gums back... hope it works!

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

after reading this now I know why Erik came to bed last night asking about what kind of toothbrushes I buy!