Friday, May 16, 2008

We're all Connected

Yesterday when I got home from working... as I pulled into the driveway I noticed a couple parked in ther car right in front of the house..
I thought it a bit peculiar, but I went on about my busness, unloading some of my supplies and garbage from the day so I could go in and say hi to Mike. Then they backed up to the end of the drive and the guy said "pardon me, but I think my mother used to own this house"... so I said did she have a pink oven? And he said "yes" so I said, then this was her house! I invited them to take a look around... and they gladly accecpted. We chatted a bit... talked about where they went to school etc... also turns out that they were both seperately widowed high school sweethearts that just met up again recently but live in 2 seperate states. I don't know it's crazy sometimes when you are teminded how small of a world it is!
Anyway when they left... I said to Mike... "well we just met someone who we never thought we'd meet" That's because this home has been in Mike's family's hands since they bought it from that family who only lived here for 3-5 yrs.

Does anyone have a "small world" story to share?

I have a couple more...
When I was in High School, I went to Breckenridge with My cousin Anne. We ran into 2 of my class mates on the chair lift.
When I was a flight attendant on seperate flights I had a neighbor, my aunt, and an old boss. (Maybe not that random, but it feels like it when it happens)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I do ... I bought a town house on Sandhurst lane and less than a year later I was happy we were not the new kids on the block and guess who moves in RIGHT next door my grade school, gym partner, Seasons 4 living friend.... how much more small world can you get that we moved out of Sandhurst with in months apart... super small world and I will never forget that and all the fun we had... miss ya