Sunday, June 22, 2008

6-22-08

Yesterday morning Mike and I made a breakfast feast before he hit the road. Friday night I packed him a bag of groceries bread, peanut butter, jelly, snacks etc... after breakfast I put the rest of the bacon in the grocery bag... I told him that my mom used to make peanut butter and bacon sandwiches on toast occasionally. He did not believe that... mom if you read this tell him. I know I'm not imaginging... because I would never eat a BLT because I hate tomatoes...
Anyway as Mike pulled out of the driveway I got sad... I was worried about him driving all that way alone, and knew I would miss him and also that our lives at that moment were forever changing. I went inside and tried to call my mom... no answer, then Katie... I'm glad no one was there... I would've just cried anyways.
Then I dove back into sotr and toss... a routine I have been in for a month now... down to the nitty gritties... drawers and closets... the stuff you force yourself to forget about!
I took a trip to Goodwill to donate, then Home Depot and Menards to return never-used purchases... (interesting how I find these bags with items and receipts in miscellaneous corners...)
Then to Jewel, I picked up a frozen pizza, cookies and a bag of doritos... I snacked on junk an rented 2 girley movies, 27 Dresses, and Fool's Gold. I would never put Mike through the "misery" so I endulged myself in romance comedies for an evening.
I slept okay through the night... a couple random noises, but not creepy enough to get me out of bed to have a look around.
Today we had a phoenominal service and message. I had some lunch, and now it's time to sort, toss, weed, and put some mulch down. Tonite, I'll probably caulk and paint the final trim pieces, and either work on my painting or just veg.
11 more days for me and I'll be on my way too!

3 comments:

Erik Scottberg said...

wait.

peanut butter.

and bacon?

that is the single greatest thing i have ever heard of.

i love bacon.

Mike Stenglein said...

Still not sure about the PB&B...I will have to talk with your Mom. Not that I am against it. Peanut Butter and the greasy goodness of bacon may change my whole outlook on life. :-D Thank you for doing so much to help get the house ready! I can't wait for you to get down here. I miss you too. And the cats, although I would never tell them that for fear of giving them overinflated egos.

Bethany Patrice said...

this post mad me sad. :( Mike is gone and you are soon to follow.