Sunday, June 8, 2008

Breaking the News...

I have to admit it took everything I had to wait until we got our of church this morning to shed tears. I am really going to miss everyone. And I know Mike is too. We have met some of the most wonderful people and made some really great friends at Stone. An encouraging thought that helps to perk me back up... these are eternal friendships!
Aside from simply being excited about this unexpected life-change, I know in my heart that this is God's will for our lives. At winter retreat this year we sang a song about going to the ends of the earth for God. Everytime we sang that song I felt really emotional and responded "yes God I will go". Then for the months to follow, Mike and I had several conversations about how all we really want to do is serve God!
When this process started we had no Idea how fast things would fall into place. But looking at each aspect of the preparation for this transition, it is not possible to have so many "coincidences". (Maybe to be outlined in another post)
What I am trying to say is that both me and Mike feel REAL good about moving to Oklahoma. God has carved out a custom made path for us and we are so grateful! We are REALLY going to miss a lot of people and there will be tears, but we KNOW we are doing the right thing!
I am also excited to see what he has planned for us once we get there. Please pray for us that we find a good church home, make some half-way decent friends (chuckle), that there will be people to treat us like family because we will be far from our own, and we will follow the path into the right ministries so that we can further God's word and bring him Glory!

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

I know the two of you will have NO problems making new friends! You are two of the most welcoming and genuine people I know. Erik and I sincerely miss you and the support you have been to us personally. I know the next city to have Mike and Katie is going to blessed!

P.S..my husband was speechless when he came home last night. What a thoughtful gesture.