Saturday, June 14, 2008

Great Friends...

The last few days I have experienced lots of hugs and laughs with great friends!
At our going away party on Thursday, it was great to see lots of different people, people I just don't get to see often enough! Friends I haven't seen in 11 years, 2 years, 5 years... family members that I grew up with seeing almost every week that I now only get to see one to three times a year. All people I love and cherish!
Last night I got to spend some qualtiy time with two dear friends Bethany and Lonna. We had a great dinner, played putt putt but didn't care who won, and enjoyed a delicious Ice Cream Treat! The whole time chatting up a storm and laughing too!
One thing I have learned from all of the great friends and family members that I definately plan to take with me .... Don't be afraid to dive into a new friendship. Building any type of relationship takes time and effort, but it's much better than being alone!
Two years into my time at Northwood University, I knew in my heart that my time there was through. It was another one of those over-night realizations... I called my parents the next day I told them ... when this sememster is over I want you to pick me up for good. They were relieved. When they came in town, I took a good-bye drive with my best friend Meg... we just cried our eyes out for 1/2 hour... then she said "It's never good bye, it's see you later" Now almost 10 years later she lives in BC Canada, I live in Il, soon to be OK... when we talk it's always 2 hours, and then "see ya later".

A relationship is what you put into it.

It's never "Good Bye", it's always "See ya Later"

No comments: