Tuesday, February 19, 2008

* WR * 2008 *

What an amazing weekend! Along with all of the laughter and SHOUTING...(GO brown, red and green!) everyone had great opportunities to connect with God and with eachother and my hope is that we all took advantage that time. I definately felt God's presence among us, and I am constantly amazed at what a gift he has given us just by putting all 50 or so of us together!
That's something I wish for each and every one of us to reflect upon!
When I was in Jr and Sr High School, the church I grew up in did not have a very strong youth program AT ALL. Some years we would have a leader, some years not. When there were events planned there was hardly any show. Infact, one year there was NOTHING planned at all... I talked to my parents and we organized a trip to a soup kitchen. Along with me and my parents 2 other students came. This was in a church 3x the size of or larger than the size of Stone Church.
Think about what's happening in other churches... then think about the other 80% + that don't even go to church... people that don't even talk about God in their homes... or may even be afraid to.
Whether you are a part of the CREW because it's your idea or your parent's idea.... it is an honor and a priveledge. God hand-picked each and everyone of us and placed him/her/I with this group of people for a reason. I have never felt so much love in any one group than I feel with you guys, especially with young people! You guys have an amazing ability to see past eachother's differences and flaws and accecpt and love eachother. That is absolutely unheard of in so many groups of teenagers and adults for that matter. I challenge all of you to take that love you have for eachother with you to all people you encounter.
What I am trying to say is that being part of this group is not by chance, it is not a mistake. It is a blessing and it is part of a plan. Let's show the world who we are. Let's take all of our different gifts and the power that God has given us and change the world! Let's start a revolution!.... I really believe we can and I really believe that is what we are being called to do.

5 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

maybe you and mike should tag team a message one evening...preach it sista!

Erik Scottberg said...

good thoughts. thanks for giving your time to invest in students. it wouldn't have been the same without you.

Mike Stenglein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Stenglein said...

I agree Katie. Growing up the only Youth Group that I had was one that I started with a couple others.
Pastor Erik and Bethany are truly amazing people. I think that the utter love and respect that they have for The Crew is reflected in the groups eyes. In all of my life, I have never seen a group of students this fired up for God. I would hate to see The Crew lose this momentum. I say Bring It.

Monst3rjoe said...

AMEN! I love reading about what the leaders have to say about us ^__^!