Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Weekend...

Friday night we were originally planning on another attempt at perfecting our home made pizza recipe... which is always a fun adventure for us! ... then just before Mike got home I went to get the mail and there was a coupon for our favorite mexican resaturant... well the ingredients won't go bad right away.... we'll make pizza this week :)
After burritos and enchiladas we decided to cruise by the theatre and see if anything interesting was playing... I had thought I remembered seeing preview for Pineapple Express... however I really didn't remember what it was about... we took the risk and had a few laughs.
Saturday morning we got up early to meet the Tulsa bike club for one of their weekly rides... I really liked being on an organized ride... However we really hadn't been riding since the spring and even then only 10-12 miles at a time.
The frist 5-7 miles I had a tough time because I was trying to keep up with everyone that does this all the time. As we neared the end we missed a turn... I was sore and tired and a huge storm was fast approaching (poor mike) we waited it out and did the last 1.5-2 miles in a light rain. Even though we missed a turn, our ride still measured out at 35 miles. It was long and tiring... and I definately have a case of bicycle butt... however encouraged to get back on and do better next week!
The rest of the day was lost though... here is me zonked on the couch... as you can see, Iris saw this as a prime snuggle opportunity!

Yesterday we went to church and then came home and did some chores... Mike in the yard and me... painting the bathroom... again... almost done! I'll finish today. Then meet Mike at the Tag Agency so I won't get busted again for my outdated plates! It's time! Oh, I guess I didn't mention I got 2 tickets not one on friday... again... my fault... I deserved it!
Last night we watched the closing ceremonies for the olympics... In the beginning I was making comments on all the silly hats... then I decided to get in the spirit...

Nerdy I know :)


Visit KustomKate.com

No comments: