Wednesday, December 26, 2007


The past couple days have been a wonderful time! On Chrismas Eve we went to Mike's sister Kristen's house in Oak Park. We enjoyed lots of pasta, chatting and gifts! The kids loved everything, they're so fun to watch! Jessica never took the purse off her shoulder! Cute

Afterwards we drove up to Wilmette to my Uncle Trav's He usually hosts the Wickstroms on Christmas Eve and we never have the opportunity to stop by. This year we did and I'm glad we made the trip! A handful of my cousins were in town so it was great to catch up! I wish we got to see eachother more often!

Yesterday morning Mike and I did our Christmas He spoiled me... He got me lots of new tubes of oil paints... (I have been squeezing dry cracked paint out of my grandma's old tubes for he last 4 years! Some of them are so old they say 35 cents on the tube) My very own bottle of Chanel no.5 a new mp3 player, a book I wanted "save me from myself", lots of fun socks... candy... He spoiled me!

Then in the afternoon we had my family over... that was great fun too! I had fun setting the table again this year... Holly (my sister) gave me a bunch of seasonal decorations for my birthday in spring; It was a treat to use the Christmas ones to make such a colorful table setting! All of the rich German food was great and it all came together just at the right time... which I was nervous about. However... I am still full from the last 2 days of non stop eating! We made spaetzle for the first time... it was SO easy! And everybody loved the Sauerbraten!

Once again the kids were fun to watch! Luke kept asking me where my kitties are... but they were hiding.

This afternoon a couple of my cousins, Anne, Emily, Olivia, and Nell are coming by to hang out for a girly afternoon before they have to go back to work, college or school. Then I have to pack and leave tomorrow for Florida with my Mom! That should be a nice relaxing time!

No comments: