Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm back!

I actually got back on Friday afternoon... but I needed a couple days to catch up with Mike and get organized... No, I am still not finished with laundry...YIKES!
My mom and I had a great time on our Florida Adventure! .... We had a few stops, but there was lots of excitement.... not much R & R... We went down for a wedding... long time family friend Molly Blackburn. And also to visit with and help my mom's aunt and uncle... it went something like this.....
Day 1: Fly Down to Orlando, Check in to Hotel and go to Blackburn's for Dinner
Day 2: Up early to a church service dedicated to my late father,
Ladie's tea/Luncheon (Really for the birdesmaids, but we were invited too :) )
A bit of shopping with my mom, a short nap and out to dinner with all out of town guests. (Then my mom and i went to see "Enchanted")
Day 3: the Wedding... as usual an all day and evening event... very nice though!
Day 4: Check out of hotel and drive to the shore, where we were invited to spend New Year's with the Entire Family... aunts uncles... everyone... They were a very welcoming and wonderful group!
Day 5: New Years Eve... a busy day for the Blackburn Family... Not only did their Daughter get married a couple days before... but they baptized their first grandson, and their middle son got engaged... all 3 siblings had huge events in one weekend! Then of course food and festivities to ring in 2008!
Day 6: we drove down to Lantana where Aunt Mary and Uncle Art live... we haven's seen them in a few years... they are hardly getting around... We went out for Mexican dinner and took them home and went back to the hotel where my mom and I began researching assisted living.
Day 7: Up early to check out a retirement home... went to Mary and Art's where they rejected the idea... ran a couple errands with aunt mary and had lunch... Then my mom and I spent 6 hours or so trying to clean their house... It was pretty bad... let's put it this way, she cant get around so he cleans... but he is totally blind, so he can't see the dirt... my mom spent the enitre 6 hours in the bathroom... YIKES! We were POOPED!
Day 8: Slept in a bit, had breakfast, drove around a bit, and went to Mary and Arts to help with a couple more things, and out to dinner.
Day 9: GO HOME!!!!!!!
So, when does winter break start?? Anyways I think we'll talk about New Year's resolutions tomorrow......

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

you need a vacation from you vacation. I love that you were able to go on a trip with your mom. Maybe one day when my kiddies are older, my mom and I can go on a trip together.