Wednesday, January 16, 2008

American Idol

I watched American Idol last night..... I really haven't watched that show since pretty much the first season, and even then I only saw a portion of an episode or two. I don't know why I just never really got into it. But anyways, Mike had lots of homework to do and there wasn't really anything else on so I watched the whole thing.

WORST PARTS:
1. When they laughed at that guy. He really seemed like a nice guy, and he believed in himself. That's about one of the worst things you could do is discourage another person from anything.
2. When the hippie chick lashed out with the middle fingers and all... why did they have to show so much of that? It was disturbing and the show is not live, so they purposely took up air time with that.

Now I remember why I never got into that show. It's over all, not nice.... and that Simon guy is full of snide remarks. I doubt he's happy in real life either.

BEST PART:
When Paula and the other guy hugged that 16-year old girl that cried. Then they walked her out and hugged her parents too.
Why couldn't they have been encourageing and compassionate like that with the others?

I don't know maybe, I just don't get it.

By the way, apparently Mike didn't need harrassment to get his blog going... however he's got to change his settings so that we can view it.

2 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

We watched the show last night and for the last few years. I am ashamed to say that I have even wasted time voting. I have no idea what the appeal is, but when that single mother of the girl who had some handicaps made it through, I did have a tear in my eye.

Erik Scottberg said...

i agree with you about the hippie girl. her reaction was amusing at first, but then they just kept playing more and more of her ranting. it got a bit ridiculous.

there are some awful singers out there. i feel bad for some of them (like the guy that got laughed at) but what about their family and friends. doesn't someone stop them and tell them that they can't sing?