Thursday, January 10, 2008

The warm weather we HAD (and is now gone) gave me just enough of a taste for spring...

I should finish my current painting project this afternoon... I am happy about how things are turning out... now I just have to get over there and finish! It's kinda silly for me to get there before 10 anyway... It'll only take me 1/2 hour or so to base-coat the bathroom... then while that dries I will go stencil and srtipe the conference room... but I can't get in there 'til 11 anyway. Yada Yada I'm rambling... (or justifying my traditional late start.)

ANYWAY where I was going with this whole spring thing...... I got really excited on sunday about getting my seeds started! This weekend I am going to put up some shelves by the window in the laundry room.. last year I had a card table there. This year I want to do lots more!!

Last year was my first year, and I did all annual flowers. Some I had luck with and some not so much. A couple things I learned... start them earlier... do some veggies too... and don't use those "mossy" containers... they got moldy and started breaking apart way before planting time!

It is so fun to watch them pop up!

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

I kill every plant that enters my house. The poinsetta you bought me did last til last week though!! I desparetly wish I had the green thumb. You are a true Martha Stewart (not the criminal part), but you sew, cook, plant, paint....what else is there?

Katie said...

I guarantee my house is not as clean and organized as yours... don't look too closely, and you better wear a hard hat if you open my closet... you never know what's going to fall on your head... there's only so many hours in a day!

Mike Stenglein said...

I hope that you like the shelves! I think that you should grow a lot of tomatoes. You like tomatoes. GRIN! Hopefully the cats won't find the catnip too early.