Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Years / New Me?

Although we have the opportunity and power to change the way we live or make decisions on a weekly, daily, instantaneous basis the new year is often viewed as an opportunity to get a fresh start. This year there are (as always) lots of areas in my life that I would like to either improve on or eliminate.
I want to serve God in every way and parts of me have to die in order to do so.

We are all given the freedom to choose the types of changes we will make. How comforting to know that we don't have to go through change alone:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Php 4:13
I am the Lord your God "I will never leave you, I will never Forsake you" Heb 13:5

If you haven't talked to God in a while, know that he has never left your side and he never will. How absoultely amazing!

No other God promises so many things : unconditional love, forgiveness, strength, courage, healing, redemption, ETERNITY, happiness, peace, everything that is good, everything that is right, everything that is just.

Help me to be more like you Lord, how could I desire anything else?

No comments: