Friday, October 17, 2008

First day at Habitat

Today I finally did my first volunteer shift at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. I had fun... it's actually a lot busier in there on a week day than I expected.
My job was to sort through a corner with a bunch of CARDBOARD boxes containing drapery rods. And then organize the drapery rod and miniblind section of the store. Not too bad... however only like 5 mins in I had already found 2 Brown Recluse Spiders. I'm glad I found them in the beginning... I was on my toes after that and actully saw no more :)
Remember my earlier post : After we MOVED we learned that they like cardboard. Yikes!
Like I said not a bad day I will go back :) Actaully I signed up for a different job monday. We'll see what I'll be doing.
Happy Friday! Have a good weekend!!

Visit KustomKate.com

No comments: