Tuesday, October 7, 2008

He is Listening

Yesterday I was sitting in a waiting room (not literally). I felt torn between a decision and a necessity, a passion and a routine. I found myself face down before God a couple times. I asked of him "Lord you know my needs, you know my desires, you know my passions, show me where to go next." Between sunday and monday I surrendered my heart and my will to Jesus a couple times. (It's easy to get caught up in routine and sometimes we need to reinstate our commitment to Christ as christians, the first time should not be the only time)
That little voice reminded me of a volunteer opportunity that I have been hesitating to commit to. I have been putting it off thinking "I just need to book a little more work", "I just need to get a little bit ahead before I commit my time", "How can I commit my self to others when I have nothing good going here?"
God answered immediately and filled the need that I was going to try and "band-aid". He opened the door as if to say "you have nothing holding you back, now make that commitment".
I poured my heart out, he was listening. He answered immediately and loudly. He cares about every single persons needs, give your worries to God today, he really cares! :)

Thank you for being a loving God, thank you for your intimate involvement in our lives.
Visit KustomKate.com

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

Katie!!! I miss you and the encouragement that you are. I love the way that you are honest with God and how you are forthcoming about your struggles. I'm glad that you are being obedient, and it inspires me to do what God has asked me to do even though I have a 1,000 excuses.