Monday, July 28, 2008

Icky Wall...

At about 5pm yesterday I finally finished stripping the wallpaper in the bathroom... One of the last areas I had to do was behind the toilet ... which was awfully close to the wall. Mike was a nice guy and pulled the toilet for me!

I had a sneaky suspicion that there would be a situation behind there because I saw the paper peeling quite a bit more than average..... low and behold...

A Big Moldy spot! EEEW! Gross! Well, mold is just something we are not willing to tolerate in the Stenglein household!



Soooo... we took a quick trip to Lowes. (Unfortunately that's really our only choice... I know I know we would prefer Home Depot too)
When we got back we did all the preparations necessary for a quick switch-a-roo...
Mike cut the new piece while I cut through the old one... then we quickly yanked the nasty piece and swept up the debris so we could quickly slide the new one without having the wall open for too long. (Incase there were any mor surprises (spiders) lurking in there... we're really a pair :)




There's the new piece... I know ... It's blue! Well, it was the perfect size... and we really didn't want to buy a whole sheet of drywall... plus as an added bonus it's moisture resistant! No one will ever know once it's painted.

Visit KustomKate.com