Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Our Big Adventure"

We have officially begun our "Big Adventure"... Kate and I drove down on the 3rd... I know it's been a while... we made it safe... but it took us a while...after a late start and driving down Lakeshore during taste of Chicago we had lots of stops... and crying cats... we arrived in the wee hours of the night.
Friday night we went to the City of Tulsa's fireworks... the movers came saturday morning. We went for a swim saturday afternoon... in our back yard YAY... Mike and I decided to put the cover on so it would heat up a bit... Yikes... there was a little snake hiding under there... we were reminded that we have moved to a completely different climate and setting...
Sunday morning Mike and I went and checked out "The Assembly" then we came home to do some more unpacking... in the afternoon Kate and I went to "check out" some shops and boutiques found an awesome "vintage" [resale] shop. I'll have to post a pic of my find...
Last week I worked on organizing, unpacking... and started getting our bedroom and bathroom together... I got closet orgganizers, painted the closets, and then started on the bathroom... I'm doing it right this time... I felt like we were too disorganized in the last house.
We devoted the weekend to shopping for a fridge and trying to get the pool balanced... after about 3 inches of rain our pool started to look more like a pond... ick. Finally got it figured out and cleared up for a sunday afternoon dip.
Yesterday I dug around looking for designers and contacts for my business... I found a lot... however... this is ridiculous... 2 out of 70 have websites... how ridiculous... how are you supposed to contact someone without an E-Mail address?? I guess I'll have to do snail mail and cold calls. UGH!
Today I plan to send out mailers... then meet Mike at John Deer... then the wallet is getting closed! In Mike's terms... I feel like we're leaking money...
Oh and I forgot one more crazy thing... yesterday the guys came to deliver the fridge.. when the hooked it up, water started cascading out of our [kitchen] ceiling fan... what the Heck? Keep in mind we live in a ranch... that IS, however, covered in the home warranty... but don't even TRY to tell me that the previous homeowner does not know about that!
So anyways... I am alive and getting settled... sorry for the break... but we didn't get internet until the end of the week.
P.S. it can get REALLY HOT here... we drink lots of water!

No comments: